Advanced Cancer Imaging and Treatment Provided at Tampa General Hospital
Tampa General Hospital¡¯s Cancer Center provides extensive oncology services designed to diagnose, evaluate, and treat all forms of cancer. Our multidisciplinary staff includes surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, interventional radiology staff, and other specialists who provide a high level of care and a variety of treatment options for our patients.
Because cancer isn¡¯t one disease but many, each with its own unique characteristics and growth patterns, every type must be treated individually. To that end, TGH has established multiple specialized cancer programs, each with a focus on malignancies that affect certain areas of the body and their metastases. Our cancer center programs include:
- Hematology/oncology, which treats cancers of the blood and blood-forming organs
- Neuro-oncology, which provides care for cancers of the brain, spine, and peripheral nervous system
- Liver and hepatobiliary oncology, which treats cancers of the liver, bile ducts, and biliary tract
- Otolaryngology oncology (ENT), which offers treatment for cancers of the ears, nose, and throat
- Colorectal oncology, which provides care for cancers of the colon and rectum
- Genitourinary oncology, which focuses on treating cancers that develop in the male reproductive system and genitourinary tract
- Gynecological oncology, which offers intervention for cancers of the cervix, endometrium, ovaries and other portions of the female reproductive system
At TGH, we also treat breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, and all other forms of cancer. No matter the location of their malignancy, cancer patients at TGH can benefit from the advanced imaging capabilities that we provide. Our state-of-the-art technologies not only allow our interdisciplinary team to accurately diagnose and map cancers, but also give us the opportunity to treat malignancies more precisely than ever before. Armed with such detailed information, we can design a treatment plan to suit each patient¡¯s specific needs. Potential approaches range from chemotherapy and outpatient or inpatient radiation therapy options (such as TomoTherapy), to immunotherapy and surgical intervention. TGH is dedicated to providing cancer patients with the highest level of care, and we are one of the?Top 8 Hospitals in Florida and among the Top 10% for Cancer care in the U.S. according to U.S. News & World Report's 2020-2021 rankings.?
To learn more or schedule an appointment call 813-844-7585.?