Visitor Code of Conduct
Please help us maintain a healing environment for our patients. Visiting hours and policies vary throughout the hospital. Please ask a staff member about the policy on the unit you wish to visit. We ask that you comply with the following visitor rules:
- Do not visit if you are sick, (fever, cough, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea) or have been exposed to chicken pox or other contagious illnesses within the past three weeks.
- Clean your hands each time you enter and leave the patient¡¯s room.
- Follow isolation precautions that are posted on the patient¡¯s door.
- Do not touch patient equipment, patient wounds, or bandages while visiting.
- You must wear shoes and shirts at all times. Clothing must be clean and neat.
- Visitors are limited to two per patient.
- Do not use waiting rooms on a unit if you are not visiting a patient in that unit.
- Waiting rooms are not for overnight stays.
- Children must have adult supervision at all times and must be respectful of the hospital¡¯s healing environment. Some units prohibit children from visiting.
You will be asked to leave for violating any of the above rules or for the following:
- Your behavior creates a risk or threat to patients, families or staff.
- You appear to be ill.
- You refuse to follow isolation precautions.
- You are not respectful or considerate of others.
- You fail to supervise children.
- If you believe someone is violating these rules, or you need assistance, please notify security by dialing 7363 on the hospital phones or 813-844-7363 on your mobile phone. Security is available at all times.
WAITING AREAS ARE MONITORED AT ALL TIMES BY A SECURITY VIDEO CAMERA.