TGH Employee Health & Wellness
Tampa General Hospital's Employee Health & Wellness department promotes a culture of wellness by offering physical activity support, options for increasing healthy eating at work, chronic disease management and more.? Because of its efforts to provide physical activity and nutrition support to promote wellness among staff, TGH has achieved the American Heart Association's prestigious Platinum Level Fit-Friendly designation.
TGH Employee Health & Wellness Center
Tampa General Hospital¡¯s Health & Wellness Center offers over 5,000 square feet of workout space.? A variety of classes are held in the group fitness room and the center has?state-of-the-art cardio equipment as well as?cable TV and Wi-Fi, and the indoor cycling studio that accommodates spin classes.?There are separate men¡¯s and women¡¯s locker rooms with showers, towels, and keyless lockers. The Health & Wellness Center staff?have expertise in providing?fitness and health promotion programs?for individuals?at all levels of fitness. All TGH employees are welcome to join for a nominal fee.
- FreeMotion treadmills, ellipticals, and bikes with cable TV and Internet access
- iFit workout program free for members working with a Fitness Specialist
- Group Fitness & Cycle Studios
- Personal Trainers (individual and group)
- Massage Therapy (chair and whole body)
- Commit to Fit Program (individualized fitness program FREE for all members)
- Health coaching and weight management programs
- Special Events and Programs
- Corrective stretching
- Exercise for arthritis, back pain, injuries
- Monthly special events
- Fitness Challenges
- Running and walking clinics
Employee Health Programs
Outside of the gym, Employee Health & Wellness offers various health screenings throughout the year, on-site Weight Watchers meetings, weight loss and management programs only accessible to employees through the TGH + USF Health Bariatric Center and wellness programs on a variety of?topics such as sleep and stress.?